Pages

July 16, 2011

latest crafty creations

Over the past month I have been working on an order of invitations with matching tags and menus for a surprise birthday party. You can see the invitation below. The colors and design theme were inspired by the birthday person's favorite pass time, golf. The client chose the colors white, dark blue, and hunter green and wanted circle incorporated into the design. This created quite a bit of challenge for me because the two accent colors were so dark. I ended up designing this invitation and it came out pretty well. You can't really tell from the picture but the corners on the right side are rounded to help carry out that circular feel. The tags and the menus had similar designs and were circular in shape. It was a fun order to do and I hope I get more opportunities to create beautiful invitations for people.


This next project is a gift for my sister. I used to really be into cross stitching but it has fallen to the side as I've fallen more in love with paper crafts. Since my daughter was born I've been wanting to make her a cross stitch birth record and hadn't found one online that I loved so I decided to pull out my alphabet pattern book and design one myself. During that process I got inspired to do the same for my sister. Her baby is due in August and the nursery is bee themed and this is what I came up with!

I will later on add in his birthday, weight, and height on the left hand side. I can't wait to finish it and send it to her. Next is to finish my daughters after a trip to the store to get the right color floss!

No comments: