Pages

July 21, 2011

Teachers and boys

This is my first creation of the day. I'm pretty happy with it but wish I had not written the green part above the "thanks". I think it came out worse than my mind had intended. It looked much better without it. OH WELL! Such are the trials of crafting. I used a cute little apple stamp from imaginisce and colored it red with colored pencils and blended it with gamsol. I then hand wrote the "thanks" in red marker and went over it with firebrick stickles. For the border I did simple addition in green to tie in with the leaf on the apple. I was going for a nice simple look but I think the image was just too bright to pull of simple. I think it would have been better with less white space and more embellishment.


C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Thank You Teacher
If the Shoe Fits...Scrap It! - Ruby Red
Sew Many Challenges - Glitter

This one unfortunately didn't turn out exactly how I would have liked either. I think my disappointment is coming from my rushed decisions regarding my crafting. It's hard to find the time to do things the "right" way when you have a pre-schooler, and infant, a hubby and a house to take care of. Looks like I need to get into a good groove so I can do all the things I need to and have time to also craft with the right kind of focus. Anywho, I really love this cute boy stamp (can't remember who makes him) and the sentiment from Jedi Scrapbooking. They fit together just perfectly! Hope you all like it better than I do.


A Gem of a Challenge - Let's hear it for the boys



2 comments:

Jamie M. said...

I think both cards came out good. Love how you used the glitter on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Sew Many. Jamie Sew Many DT
http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

lesleyworth said...

both cards came out really well! love that little apple! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!