July 21, 2011

Teachers and boys

This is my first creation of the day. I'm pretty happy with it but wish I had not written the green part above the "thanks". I think it came out worse than my mind had intended. It looked much better without it. OH WELL! Such are the trials of crafting. I used a cute little apple stamp from imaginisce and colored it red with colored pencils and blended it with gamsol. I then hand wrote the "thanks" in red marker and went over it with firebrick stickles. For the border I did simple addition in green to tie in with the leaf on the apple. I was going for a nice simple look but I think the image was just too bright to pull of simple. I think it would have been better with less white space and more embellishment.

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Thank You Teacher
If the Shoe Fits...Scrap It! - Ruby Red
Sew Many Challenges - Glitter

This one unfortunately didn't turn out exactly how I would have liked either. I think my disappointment is coming from my rushed decisions regarding my crafting. It's hard to find the time to do things the "right" way when you have a pre-schooler, and infant, a hubby and a house to take care of. Looks like I need to get into a good groove so I can do all the things I need to and have time to also craft with the right kind of focus. Anywho, I really love this cute boy stamp (can't remember who makes him) and the sentiment from Jedi Scrapbooking. They fit together just perfectly! Hope you all like it better than I do.

A Gem of a Challenge - Let's hear it for the boys


Jamie said...

I think both cards came out good. Love how you used the glitter on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Sew Many. Jamie Sew Many DT

lesleyworth said...

both cards came out really well! love that little apple! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!