Pages

December 11, 2009

Christmas Project

This year I am trying to make more handmade presents. This is one of my projects. I had seen this cute little "Family" decoration at the Dollar Tree and thought it would be so easy to alter it. It was a plan wood without a finish. I had recently received a family themed swap in the mail and it just clicked! So i used the "family" paper in the kit to cover the F, m and l and used a coordinating card stock to cover the a, i and y. The ribbon on the base was part of the kit as well as the red ribbon tied around the a and y. I added some miniature clothes pins to the back of each letter so that you can clip photo's up as a cute alternative to frames. The finishing touch were dew drops from The Robin's Nest that I found at my local scrapbook store. I adhered them using Glossy Accents from Inkssentials. I am going to be returning to the Dollar Tree this afternoon to look for more alterable items!


3 comments:

Mandy said...

this is beautiful..love the way you have altered it..great colour choice as well...
Mandy xx

Amy said...

You are so clever! Love how you altered this, what a wonderful gift!

Tammi said...

Thanks ladies!