This week at The Saturday Spotlight Challenge we were challenged to create a project showing what type of music moves your soul! This one took a little thought on my part because I have a very large range of music that I like to listen to. For many people the music we listen to depends on our mood that day. However, I always love any music with a soft Melody and something just pure and sweet as compared to heavy instrumentation. This is what I came up with!
Here is what I used:
- I started with a simple A2 card and covered it with a PP from a K& Company Mat Pad (Brenda Walton: Madeline)
- With the scraps that overlapped the card base I tore both edges and used it as a border at the bottom of the card
- I printed off a Precious Moments image that I had stored on my computer along with the sentiment "Sing a Sweet Song!"
- I colored in the image using EK Success Pastel Pencils in Aqua Green, Buttercup, and Carnation as well as Crayola Colored Pencils in light brown, tan and gray (shirt, shoes and shading around image)
- I blended out the colors using my Gamsol and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
- I matted my sentiment on a dark green CS from my stash and used pop dots to give it some dimension
- To give the background a little more spice I made the dots stand out by applying a dot of Glossy Accents to each dot and finished it off with three light green rhinestone from Studio 18.