Pages

May 13, 2009

Tim Holtz Challenge # 3

This tag came from the Tim Holtz Challenge # 3 from the Okay...does Tim Holtz Rock or what?! group in the If The Shoe fits...Scrap It! community. I love all the cool stuff that Tim does so this was the perfect group and challenge to help me fin my inner Holtz. We were challenged to make a tag inspired by Tim Holtz using ink (per his instructions in his November Technique Challenge), stamped images, altered grunge or chipboard, stickles or other glittery accent, and embellishments. Tim's ink technique was super easy to do and made a great look. Unfortunately I have yet to break down and buy any of his masks for fear I won't use them enough. I have a bit of a different aesthetic than Tim although I'd love for some of his to rum off on me. I did use his grunge board cut outs with the key and then just embossed it with my newest color of embossing powder, copper! I really like the way it came out. It was my first attempt at this kind of look.

No comments: