Pages

March 6, 2009

Plastic Bag Challenge

This challenge came from Scrapbook Challenge's group on Cafe Mom. It's an old technique challenge but I find it fun to go through old challenges and just find what might be interesting. We were to use an old plastic shopping bag scrunched up to apply ink to cardstock to give our backgrounds a little more pazazz. I used a light blue and light green ink on white cardstock. Although it started with this challenge my LO really came to life. I also used a technique I learned in an art class long ago (about 10 years old). You mix water, thick soap (dish detergent or shampoo) and thick paint then use a straw to blow bubbles (like kids do with their chocolate milk) and lightly place the paper on the bubbles to give a bubble pattern to paper. It's a great way to give a neat look to a LO or card. This was a really fun LO to do and I'm really proud of this one.


Bubble Paper (along top)

No comments: